6 Jun 2011

Hot Pink Beetle Car Cake





I love this cake!!
and I know I said it's hot pink but the photo makes it look red,
trust me it's pink!

It took me quite a while to actually make the first cut on this cake
to carve the shape,
just something about car cakes that make me freak a little
but I'm not worried about it now
.......bring on the next one I say!

This cake is quite obviously for a
young lady turning 18 who loves bright pink.

The cake itself is a vanilla sponge with rosewater buttercream
Measurements:  Length 10" x Width 6.5" x Height 5.5"
Board size = 12" x 10"


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Nicola, this is stunning, what a fab car cake and I just love that hot pink you've used. Amazing as always, great job, I'll bet they loved it.

Rhu

morgana said...

I love it !!! What a cute cute cake...

Lora said...

Stunning and adorable which is hard to pull off in one cake. Love it!

SweetThingsTO said...

Magnificent!

Unknown said...

Wow this looks so real!! Great job!!

Sílvia said...

Geat job as always...

Cakes, Etc. by Dana said...

Fabulous!!!

Monica said...

Fabulous job on the cake! You did an excellent job carving it! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you all for stopping by and leaving such wonderful comments!
x